Steroid Free & Petrolatum Free
Enriched with Reparative Allantoin & Colloidal Oatmeal
This newest, 3rd generation moisturizer is a 100% natural and oils-based balm that can effectively improve eczema skin with underlying skin barrier dysfunction that makes it harder to treat – in particular, those with moderate to severe eczema, prolonged inflammation, damage as well as poor ability to repair or heal.
Due to its high concentration of botanical plant oils that are rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs), Skin Restore can boost lipids contents and protect your delicate, sensitive skin. It has a lovely therapeutic action that promotes skin healing and is a safe anti-irritant as it is also powerfully packed with beneficial active ingredients such as Calendula, Colloidal Oatmeal, and Allantoin that are soothing and wonderful at improving the skin’s moisture retention and at repairing damaged skin barrier function; thus helping to reduce and/or prevent incidents of flare-ups.
More than a match for very dry or irritated skin, this treatment balm harnesses the benefits of wonderful herbs and botanical plant oils to bring comfort and relief to troubled skin with an impaired barrier.
- Chaulmoogra oil – used in Ayurveda to treat eczema and other skin diseases. Rich in hydnocarpic acid, an antimicrobial agent, which makes this oil antibacterial and great to heal skin irritations, cuts and rashes; Eczema flare-ups, in particular, have been shown to react very positively to chaulmoogra seed oil.
- Babassu oil – Lauric acid makes up roughly 50% of fats in this oil, making it such a powerful anti-inflammatory agent for soothing irritation, swelling whilst leaving the flaky skin smooth and moisturized.
- Allantoin – Derived from the Comfrey plant, allantoin works naturally to reduce inflammation, calms red flaky patches of eczema skin, heal wounds and encourage new tissues growth. As a humectant, it softens skin by enabling the skin to absorb and hold onto more moisture, thus reducing dryness.
- Colloidal oatmeal – A gold standard for treating eczema, it improves barrier function whilst cleansing, soothing and even relieving pain and itching; thanks to its anti-inflammatory and soothing nature.
- Calendula oil – Known as the “mother of the skin”, Calendula appears to have antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. The topical application shows some evidence of treating skin inflammation through soothing irritation and itching of eczema; as well as wound healing.
Skin Types: For red, itchy, cracking, dryness, peeling, flaky patches of eczema skin, hives, and various skin inflammation or discomfort e.g. allergic dermatitis, psoriasis, etc.
Users: All ages including very young children and pregnant women. Especially ideal for those with moderate to severe eczema or those having very dry skin and prolonged inflammation. Works best for the long-term sufferers.
Texture: Oils-based, rich ointment – heavy emollient but non-greasy and easily absorbed.
- Acts as an emollient to soften skin and provides skin hydration.
- Provides a protective layer on the skin to improve moisture retention.
- Being reparative, it helps restore defective skin barrier so that healing can take place.
- Being barrier protective prevents flares-up or irritation caused by allergens penetrating the ‘leaky skin’.
- Hydrating: Increases the water content of skin and provides better and more effective moisturization than lotion or cream due to its rich, oil-based formula that is not watered down.
- Soothing: An excellent anti-irritant that is calming and soothing on inflamed skin.
- Replenishing: Delivers a high percentage of essential fatty acids (EFAs), lipids, vitamins, antioxidants, etc. to effectively nourish, soften and replenish red, dry, flaky, and inflamed skin.
- Repairing: Good for wound healing to stimulate cell proliferation and encourage new tissue growth.
- Healing: As an active skin protectant, it naturally encourages the skin’s healing process.
- Relieves dryness: Promotes cellular regeneration such that sensitive skin becomes more resilient.
- Protective: Offers antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant effects with our proprietary blend of natural oils that also support the formation of ceramides.
- Natural & preservatives free: Our formula is self-preserving and does not contain other harsh synthetics e.g. paraben, cortisone, and harsh preservatives that commonly cause irritation. It is well tolerated by most with eczema, allergic or sensitive skin.
Direction: Apply generously on affected or extended skin areas every 2 hours, where possible, during a flare-up. All other times when the skin is normal-looking or secondary care (maintenance), it should be applied at least twice a day but is dependent on the extent of dryness and may require more applications. After each bath or shower, it is necessary to apply over the body to seal in the moisture, preferably within 3 minutes.
Please wash your hands before applying. Do not put fingers into tubs to scoop out the ointment as you may introduce bacteria into it. Instead, using a clean scoop to transfer the balm to reduce any risk of infection.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For first-time product use, please test suitability by performing a skin patch test on your inner arm.
- If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your GP.
- For use during pregnancy, please consult with your doctor first.
Storage: Keep the product dry and store in a cool place, away from sunlight. Best use within 3 months after opening.